I originally trained to be a professional composer and pianist, studying at the Victoria Conservatory of Music and then obtaining a Bachelor of Music in Composition degree from the University of Victoria. However, after working as an IT Assistant during my last two summers of university, I discovered just how much I enjoyed working with technology. In 2002, I started a new career as IT Supervisor at Target Products Ltd. I’ve been working in the realm of IT ever since then – managing a multi-site network spanning across the country, fixing hardware/software issues, and hacking (the “legal” kind) to make my job easier and hopefully others’ too.
- Desktop Development – C#, Java, Scripting (Batch/VBScript/PowerShell)
- Networking – Cabling, Wireless, VPN, Switches (HP/Cisco), Firewalls (WatchGuard/Cisco), IP Cameras
- Server Administration – Microsoft Windows NT – 2012, Exchange 5.5 – 2010, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, BranchCache, Virtualization (Hyper-V/VMWare), SQL Server, Linux, MySQL, Apache, Cloud Services (Office 365/Amazon)
- Desktop Troubleshooting – All Microsoft OS’s, Mac OS, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Application Hacking/Customization – Spiceworks, WordPress, Maintenance Connection
- Coded 1st PC Game – Wrote my first full-graphics PC video game on a Commodore Amiga 500 around age 12.
- Composed 1st Piano Piece – “Ballade in D Minor” at age 12.
- Composed 1st Orchestral Piece – “Hampton Overture” at age 14.
- Composed 1st String Quartet – “The Dreamer” at age 15.